My name is Andrew Chard. I have been working with music, recording, and sound for the majority of my life. I started as a musician, and that was exposed to the world of recording. I am proficient in both Pro Tools and Logic Pro. I am currently learning Unity and FMOD Studio. I have my bachelors degree in Music and Recording from The Evergreen State College, and I attend the Academy of Art University San Fransisco as a graduate student in the Sound Design for film and video games department. I would love to combine my love of video games and sound by working in the games industry. My love of recording also comes from producing podcasts and other web content. I have recorded and edited hundreds of podcast episodes and many podcast/vlog style youtube videos.
I am currently looking for work in the industry of sound. I am available for on location work, as well as long distance editing work, and am also open to relocating. I am available to record, edit, and mix a variety of mediums. I work with music, film, television, web content, and podcasts. I have experience working in a variety of settings and budget levels. I am able to communicate your ideas to get you the product you want even if you know nothing about sound. I am also a fairly proficient video editor, and am available to sync mismatched audio to picture, in addition to fixing a variety of other audio visual issues. Even if you just need audio cleaned up, I have tools and methods for rescuing dialog from less than ideal recoding setups. I am also interested in an internship in the field of sound design for video games.
phone: (360) 250-5917
Gamma Bomb Studios (owner and operator)
- Recording, Editing and Mixing music and sound design.
- Audio and Video Editing for podcasts and YouTube
- Some of my work samples Recording and Editing:
- Official press Interviews at Rose City Comic Con 2016 http://bit.ly/2q91lbX
- Official press Interview at Lilac City Comic Con 2016 http://bit.ly/2r80p66
- Official Press Interviews at Rose City Comic Con 2015 http://bit.ly/2pESwEb
- 145 Episodes of the podcast View From the Gutters (episodes 1 – 145) http://bit.ly/2pEYwN8
- 148 Episodes of the podcast Out of the Fridge (episodes 15 – 93) http://bit.ly/2pF3gCA
- For my complete portfolio http://bit.ly/2qZZveR
Barnes and Noble
May 2015- 2016
- Receiving and Stockroom expert.
- Also maintained high percentile signup and sales numbers as a cashier.
- Outstanding customer service and knowledge of products and stock.
- Maintained above 90% bay and shelf inventory accuracy.
Toys R Us
November 2013- December 2015
- Receiving and stockroom expert. Trained and managed stockroom and receiving seasonal employees.
- Excellent customer service and product knowledge.
- Fulfilled online orders with accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintained above 94% bay and shelf accuracy.
Olympic Cards and Comics
- Ebay Store manager
- Outstanding customer service and expert product knowledge.
- Cataloged, sorted, and ordered product weekly.
Industry Software Proficiencies:
- Photoshop CC, Premiere Pro CC, Illustrator CC, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 11, Audacity, Cycling ’74 MAX/MSP, Currently Learning Unity and FMOD and have completed small projects in both.
Eastern Washington University
Summer 2005- Winter 2008
Studied Music and History (Transferred)
The Evergreen State College
Fall 2011- Spring 2013
Focus in Music Production, Recording, and Sound Design for Film (Graduated August 2013)
Academy of Art University San Francisco
Summer 2016 – Current
MFA Sound Design for Film and Video Games